Navigating the General Education and Special Education Systems
When a child is struggling to perform to their potential, it can be frustrating and confusing. The system of supports provided by the school are not always clear. I can help you understand the education system and all the layers of support available to help your family.
Whether a child is struggling with social or communication skills, self-esteem, peer relationships or is working through behavioral challenges, we will ensure your child experiences success at school.
Assessment and Planning
I collaborate with families and schools to coordinate services and develop individualized plans to best support your child.
Services frequently requested have included:
- Behavior assessment
- Behavior support plans
- 504 plan and Individualized Education Plan (IEP) assessment and development
- Communicating/collaborating with school-based service providers
- Depression, self-injury assessment and treatment
- Screenings for developmental delay, autism spectrum concerns
- Attention, ADD, ADHD assessment, observation, or referral
- Family advocacy in meetings
- Social skill deficit training and support